Whale Watching Trips
When it comes to unique wildlife encounters there are few things as breath-taking and humbling as coming face to face with the worlds largest creatures. Whale watching is one of those activities … ...find out more.
Research and Conservation
Cork Whale Watch believes passionately in the power of evidence based scientific research to inform and enhance whale and dolphin conservation. Colin Barnes has worked closely with the Irish Whale … ...find out more.
- Are we Experiencing an Unusual Mortality Event (UME) in Ireland ? November 30, 2013In the US elevated numbers of cetacean strandings, which are unexpected and involve a significant die-off is declared as an Unexpected Mortality Event (UME). Under US law this requires the state authorities to investigate the event and test the animals to determine what killed them. Currently there is a UME off the east coast of the US where large numbers of […]
- Mass stranding of common dolphins in Co. Mayo November 27, 2013On Sunday last, 24 November there was a mass stranding involving up to 13 common dolphins between Cartron and Blacksod on the Mullet Peninsula, Co. Mayo. It appears that a number of animals were able to refloat themselves from shallow water while others were refloated by local people. The group of dolphins included likely mother/calf pairs with at least thre […]
Schedule and Bookings
Cork Whale Watch offers four hour whale watching trips throughout the year when conditions are suitable. NB. Whale Watching is weather dependent and we can't run trips every day. Please call the … ...find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions
You'll find answers to many of the questions people ask us regularly in the FAQ below -- just click on the question you're interested in to reveal the answer you're looking for -- or use the handy FAQ … ...find out more.
- fin whale (3) : Old Head of Kinsale,Cork December 4, 2013
- large whale species (5) : Old Head of Kinsale,Cork December 3, 2013
- fin whale (1) : The Stags, Near Toe Head,Cork December 3, 2013
- common dolphin (125) : The Stags, Near Toe Head,Cork December 3, 2013
- humpback whale (1) : Offshore West Cork,Cork December 2, 2013
- fin whale (3) : Offshore West Cork,Cork December 2, 2013
- minke whale (3) : Offshore West Cork,Cork December 2, 2013
- minke whale (5) : Magheroarty,Donegal December 2, 2013
- fin whale (2) : Seven Heads,Cork December 1, 2013
- bottlenose dolphin (3) : Dingle Harbour,Kerry December 1, 2013